Wednesday, July 4, 2012

July 4th celebrations

Today is the 4th of July and my parents along with our niece Whitney and my grand children from Utah Cortney, Tori, and Tanner are all here getting ready for the family reunion this week.  We all went into Grangeville for the huge Border Days fun and we had a great time watching the parade and just walking seeing friends and taking in the vendor booths.  I always love to see those booths and the fun things that people make to sell. 
The Old Time Fiddlers were playing in City Park from 1:00 to 3:00 so I had taken my fiddle along to play with them a little bit.  My parents enjoyed the parade and one of the floats was advertising Yummy's a new ice cream store in town with licorice flavored ice cream.  My dad and I saw that and we both love licorice so right afterwards we found ourselves that new ice cream store and made a bee line to get us one of those cones.   We sat out front of the ice cream shop on a bench and ate our ice cream as we watched the people.  I always love seeing all the cute the little kids dressed in their western clothes and big cowboy hats, and the little girls dressed in 4th of July colors and flip flops etc.  After we finished our ice cream, we walked around a little bit and shopped a little in a couple of stores before heading up to City Park where I played with the fiddlers.  I got to quickly browse the booths in the park and then we went to get some lunch at the Chinese restaurant before heading back home here. 
The grand kids and Whitney went back into town tonight to see the fireworks, but us adults stayed home here and watched some on the TV. 
My grand kids are lucky to have both sets of their grand parents still alive and to even have healthy great grand parents who are able to drive here to our house for these reunions each year.  I hold them over the week of the 4th of July. 
Tomorrow several others are coming in including our daughter Gina and grand kids Jimmy, Cody, MacKenzy, and Zachary, my sister Dayna and her grand daughter Mijandra, and Dallas Olson.  Friday more will be here including my brother Larry and our son Tyler and his family. Pyper, Ryker, and Greisyn will get to stay with us when the reunion is over with for most of the rest of summer. They've been excited to finally get to come here and so has MacKenzy.  All of these grand kids have been calling here every few days with their count down to when they get to come.  We plan to have a band practice tomorrow night with the Foggy Mtn Girls and then on Friday night we're having a band practice with our Gravel Road band.  Saturday is our big concert at the house here with John BBQ'n hamburgers and hot dogs and the rest being pot lucked.  I feel very lucky to have wonderful parents who I was able to spend this 4th of July with today.  Just having fun and enjoying the warm sunshine, and having my parents here made this a perfect 4th of July holiday for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment