Saturday, June 2, 2012

I Love My Life

I'm just sitting here pondering things tonight and wanting to say a little bit about how much I love my life.  I've had the opportunity to play in some of the best regionally touring bands in our area. Right now I'm playing in a band with the best banjo player I've ever heard in my life and if this isn't enough, I've also had the opportunity to retire early and spend every day with my husband who I love, love, love so much...and my best friends.  The early retirement has enabled me to travel with my bands and have the freedom to play at more festivals, and now my husband even loves to go with us since he doesn't have to use his vacation time to do it. 
These last few years have been some of my most funnest years ever spending everyday with my husband.  Not only do I get to play in my bands, but I also get to teach kids how to have as much fun with bluegrass music as I've had too.  Now I say how can it get any better than that!
25 years ago we moved to Missoula, Montana and I never dreamed life could be any better or that any place on the earth could be more beautiful.....until 4 years ago when we retired and moved into Idaho.  I loved Missoula and I loved my bands there too, and it was hard to leave.  While living there, we got to have our grand kids and kids live with us for 6 years while my daughter was going back to school to get a Pharmacy degree.  Our son and his wife and kids lived with us a few years at that time too.  I got to teach them all to play bluegrass, and those were great years. I loved every minute of it, and built great memories for all of us.  I just never thought life could get any better than that!





Now here I am living proof that it actually could. and I'm living my dream up in the mountains of Idaho in one of the most beautiful areas in the entire world. Being retired, and having my best friends living near us has made it all the better. 
It's just so unbelievable to me that my life has gotten better and better as the years have gone on.  I would be so ungrateful if I didn't take moments like these to stop and ponder and say "thank you" to my Heavenly Father. 
I can remember living in Missoula, feeling lonely and praying for a best friend.  This prayer went on for years and I would have some friends come and go but never a best friend like I had been praying for.  Now the Lord has answered my prayers and even gone further to give me lot's of best friends.  They live up on our mountain and we get to ride our 4 wheelers, swim in the mountain pond at my best friend Gail's house and best of all we all play bluegrass music together in our bands.  All this and right there at my house where I live.   
I'm playing more bluegrass, I'm getting to spend more time with my husband, my family, and with my best friends who I consider my family too, and we're all bluegrass musicians.. Wow!  
I just love my life, my family, my bands, and the mountains that I call home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment