Saturday, June 9, 2012

Sold the Droid, thank you Lord


I had prayed and then let it be in the Lords hands regarding selling my Droid phone so today hadn't even had it on my mind, other than I noticed that the battery was down on it this morning so I charged it full.
Suddenly at around 2:45 this afternoon my daughter Traci calls me and says that someone has called and is interested in my phone but wonders if I'd take $80 for it.  I was just thrilled to get the phone call so took the offer.  She wanted to meet up within 45 minutes to pick it up and asked if I could meet her half the way from where she was at to where we're at.  Traci told her that I could meet her at Carl's Jr at the District shopping area which is near the theater that we always go to when we're here.  So then Traci needed me to stop by where she is working at Walgreen's today and she would reset the phone to be factory new erasing all that I had on it.  I headed out the door immediately and stopped in to see her where she reset it all and then off I went to meet up with the gal, just praying that she'd show up and I could get the phone sold.
I drove the kids' little red Geo/Suzuki car that's a piece of junk of a car but hey the gas is cheaper than our big truck and it's easier for me to drive than that big truck too, and when I got to the Carl's Jr, I wasn't there more than 30 seconds and she pulled in right beside me.  She was a college girl who was very nice and really excited to get the phone so it made me feel glad that I could help her out and I didn't feel bad that I'd come down in price for her.  She gave me cash and I showed her how to work the phone a little bit then gave her instructions to take it to a Verizon to have it set up for herself.
I was so glad that it sold cause now I have the cash to pay for my tickets to the IBMA and if I use our Skymile points for my plane ride then I just have to save up about $500 for motel and spending money which I think I can do over the summer months with our band jobs.  Yay!
I'm loving my new Iphone and I got the white colored one and then put a black and white polka dotted case on it so it looks really fun.  The Iphones come in either black or white color but I like the white best and it looks really pretty in this case.  I'm learning all the different things on it that are slightly different than my Droid was. 
It's been a good day.  John and the grand kids got home shortly after noon, and he made $400 which is great for this trip, and now tonight we're meeting up with Casey and Ashleigh to go to dinner at a Chinese restaurant which is my favorite so I'm lovin it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment