Saturday, June 2, 2012

A quiet day today

Well today has been quiet with not much going on here at the kids' place.  I enjoyed a lazy, daisy morning getting ready for the day and then Neil, Traci, John and I went into town looking for a new cable for their lawn mower to fix the auto drive mechanism in the handle. 
We all decided to try out a new pizza buffet place for lunch and then we went to several different small engine repair shops and also to Sears where the mower was bought two years ago.  Do you think even one of those places had the cable we needed!  After all the running around we came back home to the kids' house here and they decided to just use the mower the way it is and get it fixed at a later date.
So now I've just been relaxing on this computer and watching Disney cartoons with my grand daughters.  The kids have been invited to a graduation open house for a friend of theirs so I guess we're going to go to that in a short while here. 
I think I'm going to head out to our camper and practice my fiddle and mandolin before we head to the open house though.
It's kind of nice having a few days like this where I can do the reading and practicing like I enjoy and not feel guilty that I'm not getting other work done.  I may write more on here later today, but as for now this has been my day, quiet, lazy, relaxed and just sort of nice.   

No comments:

Post a Comment