Saturday, June 16, 2012

Our cat Willie

I want to write this quickly to get it in here before I forget to say something about our little kitty Willie.  Willie is our cat Banjo's daddy and we've had him since he was just finished as a breeder cat.  He's started going downhill the last couple of years and just recently is worse.  I was worried to leave the kitties at home for an entire month and especially since Willie is going down hill so fast. 
Well the first part of this trip he was doing great and then suddenly he began going downhill really quickly.  Two days ago he got incontinent and we had a mess all over John's and my bed, but I was able to clean it up as best as I could and John was good about it too. 
Pt and John Limehouse brought along fluids to give to him and this revived him enough to keep going until we can get him home hopefully.  He's just so frail that he can't even jump up onto our bed now and this has just started in the last few days. 
John and I are hoping that he makes it long enough to get him home and then I'm afraid we're going to have to put him down. 
I'm sad about this as he's been a very sweet cat and it's very hard for me to have to put any animals down.  I want them to pass away naturally and I just hope that we won't have to do that with poor
Willie.  He's about 19 years old and so he's lived a full life.  He's had kidney failure for about 2 years now and the Limehouse's said that once that happens an animal usually only lives 2 weeks to 2 years depending so he's been able to make it for almost the full 2 years of this time. 
I took a picture of him and Banjo laying beside each other on our camper bed today.  She's going to miss her best buddy, her dad. 
We are praying for him to pass away on his own and if not then when we get home we'll have to help him out.  The grand kids are having to lift him down to get water and he's not really eating anymore either.  He looks at the edge of the bed and debates jumping off of it to come get water but then decides better of it because he doesn't want to have to jump back up there, and actually he can't jump up there.  He tries but he lands back on his backside and just can't make it, so we have to help the poor little guy out.  He's just nothing but skin stretched over his bones.  I love you Willie and I'm sad to see you in such a condition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment