Friday, May 11, 2012

Band practice tonight

After the kids played at the school today I hurried home in order to get back in time for band practice with The Foggy Mtn Girls, and then Gravel Road after that. Wow what a full day of Bluegrass.........did I say how much I loved it... Yes, yes, yes...
When we left the school after the kid's assembly, Victoria asked if she could ride out here with me because her and Callie were spending the night with their grandma and grandpa Will and Gail and are going to get to come with us to McCall where Gravel Road playing tomorrow.  Anyway she asked if she couldn't ride home with me so I thought that was fun.  All the way home, we sang all the kids' songs and also some that she wants to start learning for their kids band "The Bluegrasshoppers." It was so much fun to be singing with a kid that has so much enthusiasm to want to learn.
Once I got home I dropped her off up and her grandparents place and then I headed down home here to unload my sound system and clear out my Jeep a bit.  Shortly after that I had to head right back down to Will and Gail's for band practice with our girls band The Foggy Mtn Girls, and Victoria was so excited and full of energy to play. I have her on banjo in that band too, so for her and I it was a big bluegrass day, the school assembly then our practice.  I love seeing kids who have the passion like I do and for me to be able to teach them is such an honor.  Once we finished the practice with the girls band almost immediatly it was time to practice with our band Gravel Road.  Will surprised us all when he asked PT our mandolin player in the girls band to take out her mandolin and at least chop the chords and sing some harmonies with Gravel Road as we practiced tonight. It was so fun to have her there and most of the harmonies she picked right up on adding that 3rd part.  She's so talented that way and I know that the harder tunes she'll be able to get with just a few practices.
Afterwards Will invited her to play with us at Kamiah at the Super jam which will be a week from tomorrow.  He said that he would like her in the band but he wants her to start learning some lead work with her mandolin.  I'm hoping that she won't be too scared to try it and maybe she could be the answer to my prayers.
Our band Gravel Road is loosing our mandolin player, Will and Gail's son Chris, due to a job change and not having the days off to be able to play with us anymore.  Will has been frustrated enough that he has thought of throwing in the towel and not having his band anymore.  I've been so sad over it all that I've been praying for an answer to help keep us going.  If PT will be willing to try and take breaks with her mandolin she would be put into our band and would be a great asset.  As I said, she's very talented on her harmony vocals and I would love to have her in our band.  She just needs to gain confidence to try and take some leads on her mandolin.  I'm not sure where she stands on that, but I'll keep on praying.  Future posts on here will tell!  Please, please, please let this work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment