Saturday, May 12, 2012

I love my grand kids

Woke up the other morning to the phone ringing at around 7 AM and thinking "who in the would be calling me this early?"  I jumped up out of bed and grabbed the phone to hear the cute voice of my 5 year old grandson Greisyn.  He says "hello grandma, how are you doing?"  My heart melted and I knew instantly that there's nothing better than getting to be a grandma.... Then he proceeds to visit and tell me all about everything in his life.  What a wonderful way to start my day. 
I love my grand kids and I love to get to have them come and stay most of their summers with us.  John and I love to have them as much as we can and when we retired 4 years ago that's one thing we wanted in our retirement, a place where the grand kids could come and do fun things that they don't get to do living in the city.  So when they come here they can ride 4 wheelers, catch water snakes and frogs, hike, ride horses, and swim in the pond down at Gail's.  He tells me that he can't wait to get to come see me and can he stay a long time again.  Family and grand kids are the icing on the cake of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment