Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lewiston Shopping today

One of my best friends PT Limehouse and I went to Lewiston shopping today.  It's been a long time since I've gotten to go shopping up there.  I wanted to buy some petunia flowers for the pots that Gail let me use last year.  She planted and gave me flower boxes last year and I've never had them before.  We really enjoyed them and I decided if I could buy them reasonable enough then I'd plant them again this year.  I actually was able to keep them looking half way decent all summer last year and I usually can't grow much of anything.  PT and I've been looking around Grangeville for some but they were just way too expensive for what I was willing to pay.  Most all of them were planted single in a 4 inch pot and they wanted $2 each for them and just the one flower, so I would have gone broke trying to buy enough for my planters.  There was no way I was going to spend that much when I needed at least 60 flowers.  So anyway we figured that maybe Lewiston would offer better prices especially at Walmart.  Since we also had other shopping to do up there we decided to go together and have a fun day with just the two of us girls.
Surprisingly most of the flowers up there weren't any cheaper than here and most were still just one petunia in a 4 inch pot for $2 once again.  Then PT had the idea of checking the prices at the little grocery store in Cottonwood that Mike Schmidt in our Gravel Road band owns.  So since the two of us play in the band together I had his store phone number in my cell phone and was able to call them easily.
Yay, it was pure inspiration that PT thought about Mike's store because he actually had the 4 packs of them and they were only $1.50 each 4 pack.  So that was affordable and we stopped on our way through and ended up getting our plants right there.  They didn't have a huge variety of colors left but I'm not picky and we got several varieties of purples and pinks, so whites and even some marigolds and pansy's to add different colors.  The price was right and I'm happy.


Tomorrow I'll get them all planted and then I have to work on loading up my camper cause Thursday we head out to the Kamiah Festival.  Our daughter Gina who plays fiddle for my band The Foggy Mtn Girls will be coming to our house tomorrow too and then she'll just ride with us.  We head out Thursday morning and I can hardly wait cause this festival is my favorite one each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment