Monday, May 7, 2012

Today and the lawn mower saga



Not much to say today but the sun is shining and I spent the morning getting things ready for the assembly that the Kids In Bluegrass will be putting on this Friday.  Then on to housework once I finished setting up my sound system making sure it was all working well.  Now I'm taking some time to check my e-mails and enjoy the warmth of the sunshine.  I do want to say a few things on here today though.  So here you go.... We have a real old lawn mower that's sat outside for 2 years because basically it's just a piece of junk and wouldn't start.  Our neighbor was kind enough to come mow our lawn last year but we couldn't keep expecting her to help out and to fix this old mower a new starter was needed to the tune of $250.  We didn't have the money nor did we want to spend that much on a mower that only cost $700 new so thus it's sat here outside.  Finally after 2 tries last week, and our lawn about a foot tall my husband John went out and worked on it one last time to see if he couldn't get it to run.  Suddenly I hear the mower and he has it going.  What a talented fella!  He was able to make a socket that he used to turn the motor by hand as he cranked it over and he got it started.  So without wasting any time he mowed our lawn and it looks great once again.  Yay.. I'm so excited.  We have to wait for two years when I'll begin getting a retirement check before we can afford to buy a new mower, put new flooring in our house, remodel the kitchen a bit...new car.... yes all those things that we'll be able to afford then.  Meanwhile though I'm very grateful that the mower started today and will get us through a little while longer.  And I'm also very grateful for a nice home in this beautiful area of Idaho where we have wild flowers, jaw dropping views, mild winters...and our Jeep that's still running well and getting me to where I need to go, with all my arsenal of instruments loaded into it almost every time it leaves our driveway.  I've very blessed and am listening to my bluegrass music and singing the songs of the mountains as I type this.  So now that I've got my lawn mowed, the junk mower running again.... and chillin to bluegrass... hey well I need to get outside and soak in some more of this warm sunshine and.... yes....I'm happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment