Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Lot's of Bluegrass coming up

My mind is in overload fast mode this week as I think of the different bluegrass things coming up this next couple of weeks.  I have several things that I'm responsible for and sometimes my mind just goes 90 mph thinking of everything to make sure I'm on top of things. Kids and what songs they want to sing, The Foggy Mtn Girls set list, and then which songs I'll be singing in Gravel Road.....posters to be made up, phone calls to make... I wouldn't have it any other way though as I love it so much that it's all great stuff. 
So first of all the day after tomorrow, Friday my kids that I teach here in Grangeville have been asked to do a full assembly for their school.  I'll have 14 kids participating in it and about 40 minutes time to play.  So as I previously posted I needed to get the sound system out and make sure it was all working good, which it was.. yay!  Then yesterday I went to town to give lessons and prepare some of the kids, and tomorrow, Thursday I head in again to do a band practice with the core kids and their band "The Bluegrasshoppers".  Friday is the assembly and we're all excited for it especially the kids who've been begging me to get to play for their school again. 
Friday evening is band practice with our band Gravel Road and we're hired to play over in McCall, Idaho on Saturday from 3 to 5.  We'll be playing at a Pancake house there and the lady who's hired us has just been super nice even offering to buy us all dinner when we finish playing.  So it's going to be a really fun way to spend our Saturday.  The weather is going to be good for it we'll get to play outside. 
In between the Gravel Road practices will be practices with The Foggy Mtn Girls.  No big deal just switch brain modes and away we go!
Then the following weekend which will be the 18th - 20th of May both of my bands, Gravel Road and The Foggy Mtn Girls will be playing at the ISBA's Spring festival "The Kamiah Super Jam" so that's why we're all really practicing and getting all the rust off of our strings from the long winter.  Although I can't really say that and be honest as we did just finish playing over in Montana, but it was kind of fun to say anyway!
That Kamiah festival will also involve me doing my "Kids In Bluegrass" program too.  Do you think I'll loose any pounds running around with all of it... ha ha ha... doubtfully but it would be a nice perk now wouldn't it!  I'm on the board of the Idaho Sawtooth Bluegrass Assoc. (ISBA) so I'll have several responsibilities at the festival but I welcome them and love it so much that it's never work. 
Anyway I'm sitting here listening to my Sirius Satellite Radio once again and it's only tuned to one channel all the time... guess which one... you got it Bluegrass Junction... Oh, oh, oh... yes, yes, yes.. one of my favorite bluegrass bands from yesteryear just came on with one of my favorite songs that they do...The Dilliard and the tune Ebo Walker..  I think it's shaping up to be a perfect day...
So with that, I think I'll head out to my front porch and enjoy the sunshine as I make up my Kamiah festival  posters for the workshops and open mic sign ups, and as I work I can enjoy the sunshine and beauty of the mountains in the springtime.  It's a pretty good life here in the mountains.  

No comments:

Post a Comment