Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Jeff and Cortney, I'm proud of you!

Cortney my grand daughter will be turning 17 this August and I just have to post this and brag on her and her brother Jeff a bit. 
She's a cheerleader for the Herriman High School Mustangs and a good student in school, but what she told me today made my heart swell and I just have to say something about it.
I had put her mom's camera chip into my computer to get all the pictures from Jeff's farewell activities into my computer.  As I did this I found pictures of her and Jeff headed to the prom this year.  So this struck up a conversation between us on how beautiful her dress was and how it was modest and so pretty.  
Now this is the part that I just have to brag on her about.  She told me that the boy who'd asked her never put together a group of kids to go with and she had told him that if he didn't go as a group that she wasn't going to go with him.  As it got closer and closer to the prom time this boy never made an effort to put together a group of friends to go and Cortney told me that she just wasn't going to go unless it was a group of kids.  She said that she just didn't want to trust being on a date with him one on one and so she told him she wouldn't be going to be going with him. 
She'd ordered this beautiful dress online and felt sad that her mom had spent the money for the dress but she wasn't going to compromise her standards and go with this boy alone.  She said that she just didn't feel right about it cause she didn't know the boy very well.
Now my heart began to swell with pride for her having the courage to make such a good choice and then she tells me that her brother Jeff stepped in to help her out.  He asked his best friend Ashby if he'd take Cortney to the prom and the 4 of them would go together.  This made me so happy to hear this great story about my grand kids and how they pulled together and made the right choice.  I love hearing such things from them and when I hear such things, I know that they're going to be just fine!


I love them so much and as I watch them grow I see the normal teenage things that drive me nuts sometimes, but then moments like these make me realize that so far these oldest two grand kids of mine are doing just great.  They're trying hard to do what's right when sometimes it isn't an easy thing to do, and they're willing to stand up for what they know to be true and correct principles.  Way to go Cortney and Jeff, I love you both so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment