Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day fun 2012

It was a wonderful Mother's Day today.  John got up early and fixed me a nice breakfast of fried eggs and toast with orange juice before church.  We sat to the table and enjoyed eating together and just visiting, which was fun for me since a lot of the time we eat while watching TV in the living room....Then we headed in to church early and I had some extra time to practice my piano which I thoroughly loved.  It was nice to just have uninterrupted time to devote to playing for fun. After church all the ladies were given a four pack of flowers and I chose marigolds with dark maroon colored centers. 
We came home and after a couple of hours headed up to Will and Gail's house for a very fun Mother's Day hot dog and marshmallow roast with 4 other families.  Will and Gail's son and his family Gunther were here, along with the Bucks, and the Barela's and the Limehouse's.  She had a fire ring so that we could all roast our own hot dogs and marshmallows, which the kids always really love.  The rest of us each brought a pot luck dish to go with it all so John and I took a jello salad that I made up last night and some left over pulled pork for sandwiches.
Gail saddled up one of her horses and Hannah led it around in the corral so that all the kids got to ride.  Some of the dads took their kids for rides on the 4 wheelers and the teenagers and dads played frizbee games in Gail's yard too.  All of us adults really enjoyed just sitting in the sunshine and soaking up the rays.  It was 82 with total sunshine and no wind. I love, love, love it!  It couldn't have been any more perfect weather that's for sure. 
When we got home all my kids called me and I got to visit with them and some of my grand kids. 13 year old grandson Tanner told me that he can't wait to come stay with us this summer because out here at our house he can just roam free.  I thought that was cute. 
My wonderful husband, John bought me a Ruger 22 rifle with a really nice scope on it and he gave it to me about 10 days ago so that I could have some fun with it when we had the Nelson's over. 



I love the sunshine and warm weather.  It felt so good to be in shorts and flip flops sitting outside by the fire ring and just chillin.  Summer is my favorite season because I love the carefree feeling of warmth, shorts, flip flops and lot's of sunshine later into the evenings.  I guess that's why I was born in late July....So for now all I can say is it was a perfect Mother's Day!  I love living out here so much.  It couldn't be a better retirement life for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment