Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Friends Peg and Bill Becker came to visit

My friends Peg and Bill Becker from Michigan came to visit us today.  I met Peg last Fall at the IBMA when when we roomed together along with Kathy Nichols.  I'd met Kathy years ago when the IBMA was held in Louisville and we'd roomed together there.  Then this last year I got to meet her friend Peg and the three of us roomed together.  When we were there Peg asked me how close to Boise we lived and I told her about 3 hours so she told me that if they came out to see their daughter who lives in Boise maybe they'd stop to see us too.  I never thought it would happen so I was very excited and surprised when Peg sent me a Facebook message asking if we'd be home today.  
John and I were so excited that they were actually coming and I promised Peg a 4 wheeler ride where she could get a lot of great pictures of our views.  So wouldn't you know it the weather changed from the 3 weeks of really nice, warm, sunny days, to cool and rainy, but luckily we were able to jump on the 4 wheelers and take a ride between the rain storms.  It was a little chilly but we got to take them way up behind our house and show them the beauty of this area.  Peg had never rode a 4 wheeler before so was a little nervous at first but soon we were all headed up the mountain.  Bill drove John's camouflaged one and I drove my red one with Peg riding behind me.  John took the older green one.
I was sure glad that the weather broke enough to give us this window to take the ride.  John had said that we could've taken the Jeep if it wouldn't have quit raining but I wanted to be able to take them on the quads.   Luckily we had about an hour and a half break and so we didn't have to take the Jeep after all.  You could smell the fresh forest smells with all this rain we've had and it was just awesome.
Peg got lot's of great pictures of our awesome views, and the wild flowers.   She's got really nice cameras and great lens' too, and she knows how to take really good pictures.  She even has had shows where she exhibits her photography. It was really fun that we got to show her our area and let her get the pictures.








 I'm so excited to have a new friend, and that they actually did come see us too!  I guess both of us are planning on attending the IBMA again this year so we'll get to room together once again this Sept.  I'm going to post some of the awesome pictures we got today.  I really loved the stormy clouds in the skies that we were able to get too, and the wild flowers were really vibrant because of all the rain, so I guess it was good that it came and washed them all making perfect pictures for her.
We ended our day with a yummy fried chicken dinner with the Limehouse's and the Farmers then a short bluegrass jam with Pt, myself, and Peg.  I played fiddle which I rarely get to do in a bluegrass jam and it was really good practice for me....Can't think of a better way to retire to the night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment